Sweet Taste Contest
The 'Sweet Taste Contest' will be held at the 32nd annual Clewiston Sugar Festival Saturday, March 16th, 2019. The Festival will start at 8 a.m. and concludes at approx. 6 p.m. This year’s festival's Grand Sponsor is U.S. Sugar Corp.
Festival attendance is estimated to be 15,000.
Sweet Taste Contest General Info:
1. This year we have more opportunities and more prizes!! There will be a cake sale and silent auction where the public will have a chance to bid on the entries!!
2. Sweet Taste contest will be set-up and judged at the Historic Clewiston Inn, 108 Royal Palm Ave, Clewiston, FL 33440
3. Registration is between 8:00am and 8:30am on Saturday, March 16th, at the Clewiston Library.
4. You may enter as many items as you like in any or all of the following categories:
a. Cakes and Pies
b. Cookie s and Brownies
c. Sweet Creations (mmiscellaneous category for any recipe that uses sugar)
d.. Youth (ages 7 - 17 only for any recipe that uses sugar)
5. Each entry must be brought to the contest in a disposable, or throw-away container. Containers will not be returned.
6. Quantity of any entry must be sufficient to fulfill one full recipe, and single service items such as cookies, brownies, candies, etc., must be able to serve 24 people.
7. Judging starts at 9:00am and will only occur on recipes that include sugar. The total point score from each judge will be calculated for an overall score and to determine the category winners. The judges will grade each entry as follows:
a. Five (5) points for pre sentation and appearance
b. Ten (10) points for taste
c. Five (5) points for originality or creativity
d. A total of up to twenty (20) points can be awarded for a perfect score
9. Judging ends at 10:00a.m. Winners of the contest will be announced in the Clewiston Inn the day of the festival, at approximately 11:00 a.m., and be awarded cash prizes.
Sweet taste Entries will be sold via silent auction until 2:00pm March 16th. Visit the Clewiston Library to bid.
Sweet Taste Contest Recipe Application
Complete the application form below for each entry or mail your SWEET TASTE PAPER APPLICATION to: Sweet Taste, P.O. Box 1073, Clewiston, FL 33440. You may attach additional sheets for longer recipes. Please ensure that the recipe directions are clearly under stood and that all the ingredients as included in the directions. Early return of recipes is greatly appreciated in order to ensure that the cook books are completed in time for the festival.
Applications and recipes are due no later than March 1, 2019
CLICK HERE to download the Sweet Taste Application
Questions or comments can be directed to Jennifer Bain at: 863.902.3105 or email@example.com